Wednesday 28 March 2007

Girlguide Leaders 2007 Mera Peak Expedition

I don't remember this photo when Adventure Works gave a slide show at the outset, September 2005 when we were all competing for a place on the expedition in the Lake District - can you imagine a power point presentation inside a tent - it happened, Guiders find a way.
Looking at this picture I hope there's an easy way up round the back.


Last day at work today, tried my best to finsh all the work that needed done, but it never stops. Support from colleagues has been tremendous, thanks Mary, Alison, Michael and Colin for the coffee break this afternoon. The HR team, Jean, Janice, Linda, Anne-Marie, Lyn, Janice, Kristina have been wonderful as always and it has been a nice day for cuddles. Thanks to Rebecca for ordering me to have tomorrow off to double check the packing and to have mum time with the children before I depart.


Took my Rab Duvet Jacket into work today, thought it would be fun to let folk try it on, better today than when I return, might pong a bit. Many willing volunteers.


Thanks for the lovely cards, Mum & Dad, Johnson II, Lynne, Mrs Cavin, Donal & Joan, Kim, Dollar Rainbows, Tricia (District Commissioner) & Rachael, Irene (County Commissioner), Rebecca (age 4) the bunny is in my bag and I'll find a wee girl in Nepal to give it to. Thanks for good wishes by email from Liz Pitcairn, Scottish Chief Commissioner. Jean and Janice, your charm is on my purse and I'm sure to have good luck.

I'm used to walking up Kings Seat in the Ochills (648 metres) and Mera Peak is 6,476 metres, so thats 10 times the height and 14/15 days to get there, then I need to get back. Fingers crossed I don't get altitude sickness. Thanks Ian for the exercises to do on the aeroplane, instructions packed.


Thanks to all Children's Services staff and to friends for fundraising support. Money safely banked and we will find a suitable cause and let you know about it. Provost gifts for British Embassy safely packed. What have I forgotten?

More cards in the post today, thanks to the Williams, Johnson III, MacCormicks, Jeanette. Lovely emails from Suzy, Alistair, Christine, Avril, all those positive thoughts will make a difference. Apart from learning how to create a blog today, I made a small photo album up as that is one of the items on the expedition dossier. Nepalise are interested in our western life and the best way to share is by photograph. I love my new printer!

No comments: