Tuesday 3 April 2007

The trek to Pangkongma

I noticed that Stella, one of the team going out on the 16th, had left a comment saying that she was trying not to be jealous - very impressive. I got in touch with my inner green-eyed monster weeks ago and have relaxed into it. I like to torture myself by looking at the photos of others that have done the trek - a sort of virtual Mera Peak trek combined with undertones of self-harming.

Today the team would have left Poyan and trekked to Pangkongma. On the path, if the visibility was good, they would have seen this view of Cho Oyu, the sixth highest mountain the world...




Their campsite is at Pangkongma lodge which, I have to say, looks like the Himalayan equivalent of campling outside the Kingshouse Hotel in Glencoe, only a bit more squalid.


However, I'm sure the view from the campsite makes up for it.

Tomorrow is supposed to be quite a hard slog as they head up to Nashing Dingma, however the team get their first view of Mera. I better get to bed, I've got a big virtual day ahead of me...

2 comments:

Bex said...

Aw, Graeme. Never mind, your time will come. And think of all the fun you can have with Rona, Cameron and Hannah while Mum's away!

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.